Here we go with another edition of The Final Girl Matchmaking Service! That's right, each film on this chunk o' list received TWO VOTES. Can't some of you people get married or something? Maybe I can squeeze a reality show out of this blog yet!
357. Onibaba -- 1964, Kaneto Shindo
356. Frightmare -- 1974, Pete Walker
355. Coma -- 1978, Michael Crichton
354. Sunshine -- 2007, Danny Boyle
353. Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers -- 1988, Michael A. Simpson
352. Perfect Blue -- 1998, Satoshi Kon
351. Phantom of the Opera -- 1925, Rupert Julian
350. Kill, Baby...Kill! -- 1966, Mario Bava
349. Ghost Story -- 1981, John Irvin
348. Lemora, a Child's Tale of the Supernatural -- 1973, Richard Blackburn
347. Shiver of the Vampires -- 1971, Jean Rollin
346. Nightmares in a Damaged Brain -- 1981, Romano Scavolini
345. The Woman in Black -- 1989, Herbert Wise
344. Ils -- 2006, David Moreau & Xavier Palud
343. Calvaire -- 2004, Fabrice Du Welz
342. The Ugly -- 1997, Scott Reynolds
341. A Bucket of Blood -- 1959, Roger Corman
340. Identity -- 2003, James Mangold
339. Vacancy -- 2007, Nimrod Antal
338. Triangle -- 2009, Christopher Smith
337. The Legend of Boggy Creek -- 1972, Charles B. Pierce
336. Horror Hotel -- 1960, John Llewellyn Moxey
335. Curse of Frankenstein -- 1957, Terence Fisher
334. It's Alive -- 1974, Larry Cohen
333. Saw II -- 2005, Darren Lynn Bousman
- I wish I'd seen Sunshine in theatres- what a beauty of a film. I wasn't too wild about the turn it took in its last quarter or so, but overall I'm not sure why it doesn't get more attention.
- I need to see Lemora again; it didn't do much for me the first time around, but it deserves a second chance.
- Triangle was such a pleasant surprise- really taut mindfuck of a movie. Don't let the direct-to-DVD-osity and lenticular cover fool you! There's good stuff in there, and Melissa George is the best modern horror actress no one talks about.
- Perfect Blue may be the only animated film on the list- not that I've memorized all 732 titles, but still. Highly recommended.
- Only two votes for Sleepaway Camp II? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Angela does not approve!
- I wonder about the forthcoming remake of The Woman in Black. As far as I know they've ditched the 3D idea- I mean, can you imagine??- but still. I can't help but think it's going to be all flashy and CGI-y and completely counter to everything that makes the original so damn good. Or, it could be great! Stranger things have happened, like that dude I saw on Discovery channel who's kind of turning into a tree.