Oct 7, 2013
For anyone out there who may be wondering what this list is all about, here's the haps: back in the time known as "September", I asked readers to submit a list of the ten movies that have scared them the most. Doesn't matter if it scared 'em ten years or tn minutes ago; nor does it matter if the movie is considered "horror" or known to be terrifying, so long as it got under their skin.
Now we're counting down those movies, and when we get to number one we'll all be like "oh, that is the film that scared the most of my readers who turned in a list." Scintillating, ain't it?
The movies included today received one vote each.
250. 28 Weeks Later -- 2007, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo
249. Something Wicked This Way Comes -- 1983, Jack Clayton
248. Splinter -- 2008, Toby Wilkins
247. "Box" (from Three...Extremes) -- 2004, Takashi Miike
246. Final Destination -- 2000, James Wong
245. Black Sunday -- 1960, Mario Bava
244. Pinocchio -- 1940, Hamilton Luske & Ben Sharpsteen
243. Dog Soldiers -- 2002, Neil Marshall
242. Matango (aka Curse of the Mushroom People) -- 1963, Ishiro Honda
241. Monkey Shines -- 1988, George Romero
Splinter! I swear, that movie is totally underrated. Have you seen it? Go watch it! Now!
Poor Dog Soldiers. A truly solid werewolf flick saddled with what is surely one of the most atrocious DVD covers mine eyes have ever seen the glory of the coming of.