Oct 30, 2013
Here we are at the penultimate chunk of list where we really learned what movies have scared you guys the most. Time to enter the Top 20...
Each of the following films received ten votes:
20. Audition -- 1999, Takashi Miike
19. The Changeling -- 1980, Peter Medak
18. The Strangers -- 2008, Bryan Bertino
17. Ringu -- 1998, Hideo Nakata
16. [REC] -- 2007, Jaume Balaguero & Paco Plaza
15. The Haunting -- 1963, Robert Wise
For the remainder of the list, the number of votes received is enboldened!
14. Salem's Lot -- 1979, Tobe Hooper -- 11
13. Paranormal Activity -- 2007, Oren Peli --13
12. Session 9 -- 2001, Brad Anderson -- 14
11. Jaws -- 1975, Steven Spielberg -- 15
I've yet to punch the numbers into my science calculator, but I'm pretty sure that ultimately, Steven Spielberg will have the most mentions on this list. How very, very unexpected.
You know what's great about your 20-11? If someone came up to me and said "Hello, Final Girl, I am a horror movie ignoramus. Can you recommend ten stellar horror movies to me?" I could just hand them this little list and say "Here are nine, and also The Strangers." Ha haaaaa, zing! Now zing me back by saying that Paranormal Activity isn't stellar. This is how The Internet works, right?
Anyway. I want to do a [REC] trilogy blitz because I looooove the first one, like the second one (but I've only seen it once), and have heard good things about the third. Also on my list of things to do: laundry. Oh, and also a big scientific study about the Ringu/The Ring phenomenon, which is that it seems whichever version you saw first is the one you like the best. Anyone out there feel the opposite?
Here, have some nightmare: