But! It all brings to mind wintertime horror movies- not necessarily films centered around the holidays, but the ones full of so much snow and depressing, stark, bleakness of the season that you will put a Snuggie over your Forever Lazy even if you're watching them in July. It should be noted that I kind of love that depressing, stark, bleakness of the season and I'm happy to be in the midst of it again.
A few notes!
- That Shining poster with the written note-according to LEGEND, Kubrick had designer Saul Bass work up 300 versions of the poster image, and I suppose this is one of them. I don't know why I put "legend" in all-caps, so don't ask.
- Oh, Haunts. I watched it in bits and pieces and eventually made it all the way through. I'm unsure if I should give it another go, or if that would be a waste of time. It's one messed up little movie- and the ending! Okay, maybe I should watch it again. I'll probably regret it, but still.
- Why did I only just find out that an alternate title for Devil Times Five (shown here under another alt title, The Horrible House on the Hill) is Peopletoys?? That is the best.
- How many movies have used some variation on the tagline for Wind Chill ("There are some things worse than dying")? I'm sure Wind Chill isn't the first to use it, even. Also, I didn't think Wind Chill was that bad, really. SO SUE ME
- That Dead Zone poster. What.
- Have you seen The Children? I love it! It's at the top of my "watch it again" list.
- Death House, btdubbs, is Silent Night, Deadly Night, which is one of those "I saw it a million years ago and I kind of hated it, but maybe I just wasn't in the mood or maybe even I just didn't get it at the time, so I should try again...or maybe it just stinks" kind of movies for me. You know how it is. Still, Mary Woronov!